Apr 9, 2024, 9:12 AM
Journalist ID: 1847
News ID: 85439445
0 Persons


Headlines in Iranian English-language dailies on April 9

Apr 9, 2024, 9:12 AM
News ID: 85439445
Headlines in Iranian English-language dailies on April 9

Tehran, IRNA – The following headlines appeared in English-language newspapers in the Iranian capital on Tuesday, April 9, 2024:


– Turkish-Iranian Film to Hit Screens Soon

The new Iranian-Turkish film ‘Intoxicated by Love’ is set to be released in Iranian cinemas after the Eid al-Fitr holidays. The biopic, directed by Hasan Fathi and produced by Mehran Broumand, tells the story of the internationally renowned Persian poet Rumi and his mentor Shams Tabrizi.
Fathi’s cinematic offering stars Parsa Pirouzfar as Rumi and Shahab Husseini as Shams Tabrizi.

– Ministry: Fresh Date Exports Jump 7%

Head of the  Iranian National Dates Association Zahra Jalili Moghadam has said that Iran exported 390,000 tons of fresh dates, valued at $345 million, in the previous Iranian calendar year (March 21, 2023 to March 19, 2024), registering a seven and a ten percent growth in volume and value respectively compared to a year earlier.
About 1.3 million tons of dates are produced in the country annually, 70 percent of which is used in the country for domestic consumption while the other 30 percent is exported overseas, the director general of Iran’s Ministry of Agriculture for tropical- and semi-tropical fruits highlighted the growth in the export of tropical fruits in the country last year.

– Chabahar Port Exports 1mn Tonnes of Minerals, Construction Materials

Nearly one million tonnes of minerals and construction materials were exported from Iran’s Chabahar Port in the 12 months of the previous Iranian calendar year (ended March 19, 2024), showing a 23% growth compared to a year earlier.
The director general of the Ports and Maritime Department General of Sistan and Balouchestan Province said that 987,810 tonnes of minerals and construction materials were exported from the Chabahar Port to other countries in this period, the website of the Ministry of Roads and Urban Development reported.


– Parliament gives green light to Tavanir to pursue dispute with Turkish firm

The Iranian parliament (Majlis) has given the green light to the country’s Power Generation Transmission and Distribution Company, known as Tavanir, to pursue its claims of $263 million in a dispute with Turkish firm Ghent.

At an open session on Sunday, lawmakers approved a bill that allows Tavanir, an affiliate of the Energy Ministry, to launch arbitration and pursue its claims in cooperation with the presidential deputy office for legal affairs.

– First national kheimeh shab-bazi festival to make debut in Tehran 

The first edition of the national kheimeh shab-bazi festival is set to take place in Tehran.  Scheduled to run from May 16 to 21, the festival will be under the directorship of the theater artist Siavash Satari, IRNA reported on Monday. 

Organized by the Kheimeh Shab-bazi Museum in downtown Tehran, the festival aims to bring artists together and compete artistically to enhance the quality of this traditional Iranian art form.

– IRGC adviser warns of firm response to Israeli attack on Iranian embassy

A senior advisor from the IRGC stated that Israel should anticipate a strong response from Tehran following the assault on the consular section of the Iranian embassy in Damascus, Syria.

General Iraj Masjedi, advisor to the commander of the Quds Force of the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps and former Iranian ambassador to Iraq, made the remarks on Monday. He emphasized the connection between terrorist groups targeting Iranian territory and the Zionist regime, as well as the United States.


0 Persons

Related News

Your Comment

You are replying to: .