Nov 1, 2021, 12:19 PM
Journalist ID: 1195
News Code: 84525301
0 Persons

Tags

Iran awaiting practical action from US on JCPOA, says Spox

Tehran, IRNA – Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said on Monday that measures and plans pursued by the Biden administration to date have been in contrast with the intention previously announced, adding that the Islamic Republic of Iran has heard enough words and was awaiting practical action that was months overdue.

Speaking in his weekly press conference on Monday, Khatibzadeh said on the recent developments in the relations between Saudi Arabia and Lebanon that Riyadh knew that pressure policy on countries was no more effective.

On the ongoing Tehran-Riyadh interactions, the spokesman said that the talks continued seriously, stressing that their success depended on whether the other party was serious about them and whether they were keen to stop making remarks which serve just media propaganda purposes.

Khatibzadeh noted that Iran hasn’t had any direct or indirect talks with the US since Washington's unilateral withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), informally known as the Iran nuclear deal, in 2018.

The US has violated the UN Security Council Resolution 2231 by withdrawing from the deal and has spared no effort to kill the deal, with various cruel sanctions slapped against Iranian nation, the spokesman added.

He also said that the US has not only penalized companies cooperating with Iran but also punished its own allies in order to prevent Iran’s trade and economic ties.

The Islamic Republic of Iran wouldn’t hold talks in any form or shape with the US as long as these realities persist to be on the ground, he underlined.

The talks in Vienna with the 4+1 were aimed at ensuring ultimate, committed, practical return of the US to its commitments with true intention and considerable conditions and details, the Spokesman stated, adding that the conditions haven’t changed yet.

Khatibzadeh further elaborated that the 4+1, including Russia and China, were wishing more than anyone that the US gives true assurances, proving that nobody else in Washington could humiliate the world.

The official made it clear that the Islamic Republic of Iran won’t let it economy experience the shock of withdrawing from the JCPOA once again.

Responding to the statements made by US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken on every option being on the table, Khatibzadeh said that the US knew what its options were as it has tested them in Afghanistan.

He recommended US officials not to be trapped in extremist rhetoric and the logic of those who try to keep Trump's legacy alive, but to make a new rhetoric based on respect to the rights of nations.

On the allocation of 1.5 billion dollars by the Israeli regime for military action against Iran, the Foreign Ministry official stressed that Iran has never ruled out the Israeli regime’s threats, as it is a crisis-making regime in essence with its roots being cultivated in insecurity and instability.

However, he went on to say, the Israeli regime is well aware of Iran’s capabilities and its own limitations and very well knows that Iran wasn’t kidding about its security.

The diplomat said that Iran continues to implement its commitments under safeguards agreements and the NPT, but it has ceased to implement those beyond safeguards agreements due to frequent violations of the JCPOA by other parties and the US.

He noted that if the US returns to Vienna with a right implementation plan in hand and puts aside its previous policy of making arguments to maintain parts of Trump-imposed sanctions against Iranian nation, an agreement on US return to the deal and removal of sanctions would be reached very soon.

Khatibzadeh warned those Iranians who wish to travel to other countries not to be trapped by fraudulent groups who charge them big money with the promise to take them to other countries.
However, he added, 90 percent of those who leave the country through illegal channels never arrive their destinations.

On the issue of several Iranian nationals stranded in Belarus behind the borders of Lithuania, the Spokesman said that the Foreign Ministry has taken some of them to Minsk and some other to Tehran, but couldn’t locate others.

Khatibzadeh warned those Iranians who wish to travel to other countries not to be trapped by fraudulent groups who charge them big money with the promise to take them to other countries.
However, he added, 90 percent of those who leave the country through illegal channels never arrive at their destinations.

On the issue of several Iranian nationals stranded in Belarus behind the borders of Lithuania, the Spokesman said that the Foreign Ministry has taken some of them to Minsk and some other to Tehran, but couldn’t locate others.

9416**9417

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish

Related News

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
captcha