Aug 7, 2021, 2:43 PM
Journalist ID: 1195
News Code: 84429545
0 Persons

Tags

Iran committed to Persian Gulf safety: Spox

Tehran, IRNA – Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh condemned the unfounded statement by G7 foreign minister and EU foreign policy chief on the recent Oman Sea incident, stating that Iran is committed to the safety of the Persian Gulf waterway.

He said that Iran strongly condemned the unfounded statement of G7 foreign ministers and the EU foreign policy chief who by lodging groundless allegations have accused Iran.

Referring to the attack on the Japanese ship operated by an Israeli company off the coast of Oman which led to the death a British and a Romanian citizen, Khatibzadeh stated that the incident had been planned as scenario a few days before the inauguration of the new president in Iran.

Such baseless scenario buildings which in most cases have the Israeli regime behind them, the spokesman added, are designed to make mischief, but unfortunately have their own customers who are ready to make their false, imprudent conclusions.

He opined that such repeated conspiracies by the Israeli regime are nothing new for those who are familiar with the history of West Asia region.

Iran is committed to secure the safety of the Persian Gulf waterway and the Strait of Hormuz and considers it as part of its own security, the spokesman stated.

He also said that Iran was ready to work with regional states on establishing a collective security system in the region, while it wouldn’t hesitate in defending its sovereign rights.

9416**2050

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish

Related News

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
captcha