Aug 2, 2021, 8:11 PM
Journalist ID: 1114
News Code: 84424343
0 Persons

Tags

Iran summons British chargé d'affaires for anti-Iran allegations

Tehran, IRNA – Iranian Foreign Ministry summoned British chargé d'affaires on Monday in reaction to the anti-Iran allegation by the British foreign secretary.

Iran's Foreign Ministry summoned the British charge d'affaires in Tehran in the absence of that country's ambassador.

During the meeting, the head of the Foreign Ministry’s Third Bureau for Western Europe expressed regret over the baseless accusation of the British foreign secretary.

The official said that these “hasty, contradictory and unsubstantiated” statements were rejected and strongly condemned.

This is not the first hasty and unsubstantiated accusation against the Islamic Republic of Iran by Britain, the official said, adding that the country had accused Iran of actions in the past that have never been proven and no document has so far been presented to confirm them.

The Foreign Ministry official said that the source of instability in the Persian Gulf is not Iran but the presence of warships and military forces of extra-regional countries in the region.

Iran has always considered the Persian Gulf a safe waterway for innocent passage of ships and has tried to establish and strengthen security in these waters, the official said.  

While warning about any adventurism by the Israeli occupying regime or others, the official said that the definite policy of the Islamic Republic of Iran would be self-defense and a decisive, timely and appropriate response to any adventure.

The British diplomat promised to relay Iran’s concerns to London as soon as possible.

9341**7129

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish 

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
captcha