Jan 30, 2019, 7:43 PM
News Code: 83190502
0 Persons
68 Saudi forces killed, injured in Saada attack

Tehran, Jan 30, IRNA - Yemeni Armed Forces spokesman said that 68 Saudi forces were killed or injured in a conflict with Yemeni army and popular committees in Saada province.

According to the Yemeni media 'Al-Masirah', Brigadier General Yahya Saree said on Wednesday that Saudi forces tried to conduct an attack on Razeh city so they started the attack from Jizan.

This is while the Yemeni forces foiled the attack, he added.

The United Nations Security Council adopted Resolution 2451 to support the Stockholm Agreement on deployment of a team in order to facilitate monitoring and implementing the Agreement and establishing truce in important Yemeni ports.

The resolution mainly focuses on sending essential commodities to the Yemeni people, supporting the Stockholm Agreement, assigning the Secretary-General of the United Nations to implement it and observing the ceasefire.

The fourth round of Yemen peace talks kicked off in Stockholm, Sweden on December 6 with the attendance of the UN special envoy Martin Griffith and the government representatives. It agreed to establish truce in Yemeni ports of al-Hudaydah, al-Salif and Ayn Issa.

Saudi Arabia and its regional allies attacked Yemen in March 2015 to bring back to power the deposed president of Yemen Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi.

Since then, the invaders have committed horrible war crimes against Yemeni civilians.

9376**2050

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish