Jan 7, 2019, 8:23 AM
News Code: 83161266
0 Persons
Yemen accuses Saudis of violating truce for 353 times

Tehran, Jan 7, IRNA - Yemeni Armed Forces spokesman has accused the Saudi-led coalition of repeatedly breaching cease fire agreement in Yemen, saying that it has violated the truce 353 times over the last 48 hours.

According to the Yemeni media 'Al-Masirah', Brigadier General Yahya Saree said on Sunday that the Saudi forces targeted various areas in Al Hudaydah like Hays, Khamsin, Koie, Shaab, Al-Tahita, Al-Shajan, Al-Zafaran and Sheikh village with missiles and mortar shells.

Meanwhile, in response to Saudis violation, Yemeni forces targeted Khaled military base, in west of Taiz with ballistic missile, he said.

They also attacked Saudis' positions in Najran and Asir, he reiterated.

Saree went on to say that Yemeni forces have inflicted heavy damages to Saudi and Emirati forces.

The United Nations Security Council adopted Resolution 2451 to support the Stockholm Agreement on deployment of a team in order to facilitate monitoring and implementing the Agreement and establishing truce in important Yemeni ports.

The resolution mainly focuses on sending essential commodities to the Yemeni people, supporting the Stockholm Agreement, assigning the Secretary-General of the United Nations to implement it and observing the ceasefire.

The fourth round of Yemen peace talks kicked off in Stockholm, Sweden on December 6 with the attendance of the UN special envoy Martin Griffith and the government representatives. It agreed to establish truce in Yemeni ports of al-Hudaydah, al-Salif and Ayn Issa.

Saudi Arabia and its regional allies attacked Yemen in March 2015 to bring back to power the deposed president of Yemen Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi.

Since then, the invaders have committed horrible war crimes against Yemeni civilians.

9376**1424

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish