Jan 6, 2019, 1:28 PM
News Code: 83160486
0 Persons
Hopes rising for termination of Syria crisis in 2019

Tehran, Jan 5, IRNA – Numerous signs are risiing to indicate that the crisis in Syria which started in March 18, 2011, will hopefully end by the beginning of the New Year.

Since mid-2018, some evidences were seen signifying that the eight-year long Syrian crisis would approach an end before long. As the signs grew and became serious, one could easily say that the crisis is breathing its last breaths.

There are six obvious signs that can show the crisis is ending, the most prominent of which is the return of refugees from the neighboring countries, return of Arab embassies to Damascus, return of flights of foreign airlines to Syria, reopening of some border points, visits of foreign leaders to Syria, retreat of foreign jet fighters, and the pullout of US forces from Syria. Other elements are:

*** Wave of refugees returning home:
According to the reports, with regards to the restoration of peace and tranquility to Syrian territories, refugees have set about returning home from the neighboring Lebanon, Jordan, and Turkey. Four million 200 thousand refugees had returned to Syria until last week.

About 50% of the Syrian population, that is 12 million, were displace during the crisis. Half of the refugees were settled inside Syria and the other half outside the country. The return of the refugees is the result of taking back the parts controlled by the terrorists; 70% of the Syrian territory was under rule of the terror groups that were supported bt Saudi Arabia and its allies.

The US pullout of Syria will expand the country's dominance on its national from 80 to 89%. The remaining 11% will be regained much more easily than before.

*** Reopening of embassies

Numerous countries had embassies in Damascus before the crisis started. Right after the beginning of the crisis, thanks to peoples protests some countries that had a role in the creation of the crisis, such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey, had to close their embassies and flee the scene. Some other countries left the country later, like the US and Canada.

Now that the peace is restored, countries are talking about normalizing ties with Syria and reopening their embassies.

*** Return of foreign airlines to Syria
During the crisis, only the Syrian airlines were active in the country. In the beginning of the new Christian year, the same airlines flew 150 Tunisian tourists to Syria. Some the 40 foreign airlines that had flights to and from Syria have decided to restart their flights there.

*** Reopening border points
Syria is contiguous to 4 countries and the Zionist regime. During the crisis, only one border point between Syria and Lebanon was open. When the return of the refugees started, one other border point with Lebanon, one border point with Jordan, and with occupied Golan Heights were reopened.

*** Visits of foreign leaders to Syria
After the eight-year crisis in Syria, President of Sudan Omar al-Bashir is the first high-rank Arab official to visit Syria. Media have reported about the visits of the high-ranking officials of Egypt and Mauritania to Syria in the near future.

Reopening of the foreign embassies in Damascus can ease the process. The most interesting part of these visits is the shame of some of Arab countries that now have to send their political delegations to Syria to restart ties.

*** Pullout of US forces from Syria
The last sign that signifies the end of the Syrian crisis is the fact that US forces are leaving the country after four years of invasion and occupation.

The US has five to seven thousand forces in 19 bases in Syria. US President Donald Trump announced that he is going to pull out his country from Syria, which will help the Syrian government to take control of the country, and let down some Arab countries and the Zionist regime.

The supports of the terrorists and the eight-year crisis actually destroyed 2.2 million houses, many infrastructures, and killed and injured about one million people in Syria.
Written by: Davood Poorsehat
Translated by: Hossein Abolqasemi

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish