Nov 30, 2018, 5:00 PM
News Code: 83117820
0 Persons
Zarif reiterates ending war in Yemen

Tehran, Nov 30, IRNA – Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad-Javad Zarif in a message emphasized viability of ending war in Yemen.

“I said this on the crisis in Yemen in April 2015. Today, after untold human suffering & war crimes by the Saudi coalition & its U.S. accomplices, & efforts to whitewash their crimes with absurd allegations against Iran, our four-point plan still remains the only viable option,” Zarif tweeted on Friday.

Earlier on April 10, 2015 he said “War on #Yemen must be stopped. We urge ceasefire, humanitarian assistance, intra-Yemeni dialogue & establishment of broad-based government.”

Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating military campaign against Yemen in March 2015, with the aim of bringing the government of Mansour Hadi back to power and crushing the country’s Houthi Ansarullah Movement.

Some 16,000 Yemenis have been killed and thousands more injured since the onset of the Saudi-led aggression.

The assaults of the Saudi-led coalition forces have failed to stop the Yemenis from resisting the aggression.

9376**1420

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish