Sep 22, 2018, 7:00 PM
News Code: 83040288
0 Persons
Turkey condemns Ahvaz terrorist attack

Ankara, September 22, IRNA - Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemned the terrorist attack in the parade of the armed forces in Ahvaz on Saturday morning.

Turkish Foreign Ministry in a statement condemned the terrorist attack in Ahvaz, and expressed condolences on the martyrdom of a number of compatriots to the nation and the Iranian government.

The statement issued by the Turkish Foreign Ministry stated, 'We strongly condemn this treacherous attack. May God have mercy upon those who are dead, and have Recovery upon the wounded. We convey the condolences of the loss of citizens to the people and the Iranian government.'

The terror attack in southwestern Iran has so far claimed the lives of 25 people and injured 60 others, the deputy governor of Khuzestan for political and social affairs said.

Speaking to the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) on Saturday, Ali Hossein Hosseinzadeh said that due to critical conditions of the injured people the number of martyrs has increased.

All four terrorists were killed, he added.

Fortunately, other injured people are in satisfactory conditions, he noted.

“The terrorists disguised as the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and Basiji (volunteer) forces opened fire at the authorities and people from behind the stand during the parade,' Governor of Khuzestan Gholam-Reza Shariati said earlier.

The self-proclaimed Saudi-affiliated Al-Ahwaz terrorist group claimed the responsibility for the attack.

9455**2050

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish