Sep 12, 2018, 11:29 AM
News Code: 83030983
0 Persons
Death toll of suicide attack in Eastern Afghanistan rises to 32

Kabul, Sept 12, IRNA – Death toll of a suicide attack in Nangarhar Province of Afghanistan rose to 32, the spokesman for Afghan health ministry said.

The suicide attack hit a road on Tuesday in Momand Dara district which was blocked by protestors to a local police commander performance. They were trying to press the local government to address the issue.

At least 128 people were wounded in the blast.

Previously, the death toll was reported at 19, with 57 people wounded.

The Spokesman of a provincial council, Izzat Afghan, said 70 people were killed in the terrorist attack and some 250 more were injured.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid denied responsibility of the bombing, condemning attacks on civilians.

No group has so far claimed the responsibility.


9156**1396
Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish