Dec 16, 2017, 4:24 PM
News Code: 82765446
0 Persons
Iran dismisses Nikki Haley's claims as 'baseless'

Tehran, Dec 16, IRNA – Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Saturday that the US raises baseless allegations against Iran by showing a piece of iron.

Zarif made the remarks speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a conference in Tehran themed 'Reflection of human rights regulations in Iran's criminal law'.

Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the United Nations, has shown what she claimed to be parts of missiles launched on Saudi Arabia, accusing Iran of providing Yemen with missiles.

The US claims are aimed at covering up its presence in the region and actions which can be mainly regarded as war crimes, Zarif said.

There is no doubt that Ms. Haley had no evidence to support her claims, the foreign minister said, adding that one of the objectives behind these remarks was to divert attention from Trump's decision to relocate US embassy from Tel Aviv to holy Quds.

This act was condemned both within the United States and outside the country, even by some of the supporters of the Zionist regime, as a dangerous act, Zarif said.

He said that the claims are being made by a government that provides Saudi Arabia with cluster bombs which has killed children and elderly in Yemen.

The siege of Yemen has caused the worst famine and hunger and the spread of diseases in Yemen so that some 700,000 cases of cholera have been witnesses so far in the country, Zarif said.

Dismissing the anti-Iran claims by the US, the foreign minister said that the UN fact-finding mission has announced that in the missiles seen in Yemen, US-made parts have been used.

The fighter jets bombing Yemen are American, Zarif said, adding that this is a reality that cannot be hidden.

9341**2050

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish