Aug 14, 2017, 1:15 PM
News Code: 82631176
0 Persons
Flood damage in NE Iran exceeds $35m: Iranian senior official

Gorgan, Aug 14, IRNA – The August-10 floods damage in Golestan Province is estimated to be more than 35 million dollars, said President Hassan Rouhani's adviser and Iranian Government spokesman Mohammad-Baqer Nobakht.

Nobakht attended Crisis Management Committee meeting of the province to discuss ways of helping the affected people.

The flash floods which happened in the northeastern provinces of Golestan and Razavi Khorasan on August 10-11 claimed the lives of twelve people caused damage to a part of residential and farming areas and also parts of the roads in the region.

Nobakht had earlier visited flood-stricken areas in Razavi Khorasan Province.

The floods triggered by heavy rains have so far claimed five lives in the city of Kalat, two in Dargaz, one in Nishabour and one in Fariman, Director General of provincial Crisis Management Office Hojjatali Shayanfar told the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).

9417**1771