Jul 16, 2014, 5:56 PM
News Code: 2721541
0 Persons
Iran-P5+1 talks to proceed until July 20: FM

Vienna, July 16, IRNA – Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said Wednesday that Iran and the six world nations will seriously continue with their talks until July 20.

On the possibility of extension of the negotiations beyond the July 20 deadline to reach a comprehensive agreement, Zarif said no agreement has been made so far on the extension of talks.

Zarif's remarks come as diplomats in Vienna are talking about the possibility of extension of negotiations.

An Iranian diplomat told IRNA last night that it seems unlikely that the negotiations would be concluded by July 20, since the negotiating sides will need to go back to their respective capitals for consultations.

The diplomat requested anonymity because he was not authorized to make public statements on the matter.

Another diplomat told IRNA that under Geneva deal struck on November 24, 2013 between the two sides, negotiations on reaching a final agreement can be extended by November 23.

After a meeting with US Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday, Foreign Minister Zarif told reporters that they have made enough progress to tell their governments that this trend is worth to continue.

Meanwhile, John Kerry said Tuesday he would fly back to Washington for consultations with US President Barack Obama and the Congress.

2222**1416